Monday 28 November 2016

Words & Wonders (73)

Welcome to Words & Wonders, a weekly journal of writing updates, links I've found useful or interesting, and book recommendations. I hope W&W will prove to be useful to you writers out there as well as offering an insight into my writing progress for my readers. Don't forget to leave a comment with your own writing progress!

It has been an entire AGE since I last updated. November has been crazy hectic, writing wise for me, so blogging and everything else took a back seat. Here's what I've been up to this fortnight:

In the Writing Cave, this week:

- I wrote 32,353 words of The Revelation and IT'S DONE! It's a goopy, inconsistent mess but at least it's vaguely book-shaped!

- I accidentally started writing another project that DEMANDED I write it. I'm loving it so far, and I've written 16,146. It's Fantasy NA, with YA crossover appeal. Not super sexy though - just going on character ages and the theme of finding your place in the world. I'll say three things about it

+ The characters are a race of immortals
+ It uses the LightVsDark trope and then LightAndDarkVsGreaterEvil
+ The world is inspired by the Ottoman Empire

In my life:

- This is my entire life:

 Writing, Christmas, Writing, Christmas, ACOMAF!

Discovery Found or Lesson Learned:

I somehow get way more done when I have twice the workload?? I progress much faster working on two projects at a time. It makes no sense but it works for me. Try it!

What have you written this week?
~Saruuh

No comments:

Post a Comment