Saturday 16 May 2015

Words & Wonders (1)

Welcome to my new feature, Words & Wonders, a weekly journal of writing updates, links I've found useful or interesting, and book recommendations. I hope W&W will prove to be useful to you writers out there as well as offering an insight into my writing progress for my readers. Don't forget to leave a comment with your own writing progress!

First off I wanna PSA a giveaway I have going on Facebook, where you can win a Guardians dove brooch. Just comment on the status with your favourite book/TV/film rebel, be that Katniss or Peter Pan. It's open internationally!



In the Writing Cave, this week I have:

- Written 3,940 words of The Legend Mirror book 3, whi\ch is pretty dire for me during drafting. It's difficult to get back into the routine of writing after so long with no laptop to write on, but I think I'm getting there. Nothing can ever be as bad as writing The Wandering, when I had a 3 month writing block slap bang in the middle of drafting.

- Second drafted 45.5 pages of The Dryad of Callaire, and I am LOVING Susan Dennard's second draft method. I'm catching so many big picture issues that may have been otherwise overlooked. 

In my life:

- My laptop is terribly broken and in two parts (the screen back is literally hanging off) and I'm still waiting for the parts to arrive in the repairs shop. It's been three weeks since he was unbroken :(

- I found out my favourite show got cancelled. Farewell, Revenge, you were good (and awful) to me.

- I've rediscovered my love for Freelance Whales's Weathervanes, which happens literally every summer and is awesome.

On the internet, this week I found:

-Nothing, because I'm in a dark semi-internet cave while I focus on getting back into writing (because of my dire word output this week!) but I promise there'll be links in this section some time in the future! 

Here is a book I have loved recently:



The romance and characters in this are just perfect, and it's action-packed and has a great spy dragon thing going on! If you're interested in my full review, you can read that here.

Hope you're all having a great weekend!

~Saruuh

2 comments:

  1. Let's demand that they do a Revenge spin-off entirely about Nolan. They certainly left season four like spin-off could be possible. I'm not ready to say goodbye to Nolan yet even though Revenge ended!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss!! Great idea. Apparently there was going to be a pseudo-spin-off but that didn't get picked up!! Not only do we lose Revenge, we lose the Revenge-ish show we could have had! The worst :(

      (I haven't finished Season 4 yet, though - it's still airing in the UK!!)

      Delete