Monday 17 March 2014

The Lux Guardians update!

Do you want the good news or the good news?

I'll start with slightly-not-good news: The Revelation won't be released until Spring 2015. But - good news: The Revelation isn't book two in The Lux Guardians series.

I realised recently that the reason The Revelation wasn't happening, why its plot wasn't moving fast enough, why all the important things weren't happening, was because the characters and the series just wasn't ready for it yet. When I knew that, I could go forward with writing book two, and since then I've got a considerable amount of it fixed. Not that it needed fixing, I was just too dumb to realise what it was - the book that needed to be written, needed to happen, before The Revelation could. I hope that makes sense.

Either way, if it doesn't, just know that everything is going according to plan now.

The second good news: because of this realisation, and because I know exactly what this second book needs to accomplish and how to get it there, it will be released in time for the original release date October 7th. But better than that - it will be released ahead of the original release date. I'm thinking August but don't hold me to that. I still have schedules to plan and work around other books I'm writing.

To put it simply: you will have the second book of The Lux Guardians this Autumn. This also means the series will be four books now, instead of three.

Anyway, here's the cover. It doesn't match the alleyway scene of the other two covers, but since it fits the feel of the book, I'm not too bothered by it.


What do you think? Would you rather it matched the alleyway covers for The Forgotten and The Revelation? Let me know your thoughts.

~Saruuh

No comments:

Post a Comment